A keyword tool is one of the most popular ways of measuring SEO success. However, there are many different keyword tools on the market, and it can be tricky to know which one to choose.
This article will list the ten best keyword research tools for SEO based on features, ease of use, and price to help you decide which one to use.
#1 – Semrush
Semrush is a keyword research tool that allows you to find the most popular keywords for your website. It also lets you track your competitor’s keywords, and you can use it to spy on their SEO strategies.
- Keyword Magic Tool
- Keyword Gap Tool
- Position Tracking Tool
- Organic traffic insights
- Shows long-tail keywords
- Keyword trends
- Keyword difficulty analysis
- 7-Day Free Trial
- Pro: Starts at $99.95/mo for an annual subscription (Suitable for Freelancers and Small Teams)
- Guru: Starts at $191.62/mo for a yearly subscription (Suitable for SMEs, agencies, and marketing consultants)
- Business: Starts at $374.95/mo for an annual subscription (Suitable for large agencies and enterprises)
#2 – Ahrefs Keywords Explorer
Ahrefs is one of the best keyword research tools that help you find the best keywords for your website. It also provides detailed information about each keyword list, including monthly search volume, traffic, and competition.
- Performs keyword research in over 170 countries
- Get detailed keyword data
- SERP features for each keyword
- Check the difficulty of ranking for a keyword
- More than 1000 relevant keyword suggestions
- Lite: Starts at $83/month, billed annually
- Standard: Starts at $166/month, a yearly subscription
- Advanced: Starts at $333/month, billed annually
- Enterprise: Starts at $833/month for an annual subscription
#3 – Moz Keyword Explorer
Moz is one of the most popular keyword research tools. It provides detailed information about each keyword, including search volume, competition, and organic click-through rate.
For many, it’s considered the best free keyword research tool out there and an excellent SEO analysis tool. Moz offers a variety of SEO tools, aside from free keyword research tools, such as Link Explorer, Domain Analysis, and more accessible tools.
- Provide keyword ideas and suggestions
- Identify fresh ranking keywords
- In-depth keyword analysis across 170 search engines
- Analyze search volume data
- SERP details per keyword
- Check keyword difficulty
- Free Account: Free 10 queries per month
- Moz Pro: An All-In-One Suite SEO Tool, subdivided into four plans where you can further save 20% if you pay early:
– Standard: $79/month for yearly payments
– Medium: $179/month, billed annually
– Large: $299/month for yearly payments
– Premium: $599/month, billed annually
#4 – Keyword Tool
This keyword research tool is solely made to dig and find keywords for you. It’s one of the paid keyword research tools that boasts that it can find up to 750 long-tail-related keywords from one single seed keyword in a matter of seconds. How is this possible? It uses Google Autocomplete to generate its results.
- It can be used for free
- Helps with digital marketing on social media platforms, like Twitter and Instagram, with competitive analysis and keyword research
- Keyword research results can be exported as CSV
- Simple and beginner-friendly design
- Free version: For the first 750+ keywords
- Pro Basic: Starts at $69/month, billed annually
- Pro Plus: Starts at $79/month, billed annually
- Pro Business: Starts at $159/month, billed annually
#5 – Google Search Console
Google search console is a free keyword research tool provided by Google that lets you measure your website’s search traffic. It also provides insights on how your website is performing on Google search, lets you submit your sitemap, and more.
One of its most useful features is the keyword research tool. With this keyword tool, you can see the keywords that your website is ranking for, as well as the click-through rate and position in SERPS. You can also use it to find new keywords to target.
- Free keyword research tool provided by Google
- Performance Report
- It can be combined with Google Analytics
- Provide “Opportunity Keywords”
- Free Tool!
#6 – Jaaxy
Jaaxy is a great keyword research tool that allows users to find the best keyword suggestions with low SEO competition. It also provides detailed information about each given keyword, including average search volumes per month, traffic, and competition.
- Search terms and keywords in over 170 countries
- Get detailed keyword data
- SERP features for each keyword
- Quoted Search Results showing competitions
- 99.7% Multiple Search Engines Coverage
- Free trial: 30 searches with 20 results for each keyword search
- Pro: Starts at $49/month
# 7 – Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is one of the free keyword research tools that Google offers. It provides detailed information about each keyword, including search volume and competition. You can use it to find new keywords to target and get insights into how your website is performing on Google searches.
However, you must note that you can’t use Google Keyword Planner if you don’t have a Google Ads account.
- Accurate search volume
- “Top of Page Bid” for commercial search results
- SEO-focused keyword suggestions
- Suitable for business websites
- Free keyword planner!
#8 – KWFinder
KWFinder by Mangools is one of the newer keyword research tools on the market. Its straightforward design is an excellent tool for beginners and experts alike. It provides detailed information about each keyword, including search volume and competition. You can use it to find new keywords to target and get insights into how your website is performing on Google searches.
KWFinder also has a chrome extension that allows you to quickly check the volume and competition for any keyword on any website.
- Free version with ten free searches per day
- Statistics on keyword competition
- In-depth SERP overview
- Keyword research with any language target
- Filter for keyword suggestions
KWFinder can be used along with other Search Engine Optimization tools with these annual plans:
- Free Trial: 10-day trial
- Mangools Basic: Starts at $29.90/month.
- Mangools Premium: Starts at $39.90/month
- Mangools Agency: Starts at $79.90/month
#9 – Long Tail Pro
Long Tail Pro is a keyword research tool that is designed to help you find profitable long-tail keywords with low SEO competition. It particularly focus on how you will rank against your competitors on Google’s search results.
- Track specific and related keywords
- Easily provides long-tail keywords
- More than 2,500 SERP lookups per 24 hours
- Organic search traffic suggestions
Pricing and Plans:
- Free Trial: 7-day free trial for any plan
- Annual Starter: At $297/year
- Annual Pro: At $537/year
- Annual Agency: At $1177/year
#10 – Serpstat
Serpstat is one of the full research tools for SEO. It’s a keyword research tool that allows users to track their website’s ranking on Google, as well as the competition.
Using this keyword tool, you can easily view the top Google results for your keywords. Detailed information about your competitors are also provided, especially their visibility.
- Competitors Graph
- Shows keyword trends
- Covers all categories of SEO
Pricing and Plans:
- Free: For a limited number of usage or queries
- Lite: Starts at $48/month, billed annually
- Standard: Starts at $104/month, billed annually
- Advanced: Starts at $209/month, billed annually
- Enterprise: Starts at $349/month, billed annually
We’ve listed the best keyword research tools you can use to measure your SEO’s success. Depending on your needs and your budget, you can use any of these keyword research tools to further improve your website’s ranking on Google.
If you want free tools, use those directly offered by Google. But if you want a more pro and advanced tool, you can always choose from any of the premium tools mentioned above, starting with Semrush.
Did you find this post helpful? Check out our other SEO posts for more tips and tricks. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comments below! Here are a few other articles we think you’ll find helpful:
How to Measure SEO Success [With a Keyword Tool]
Guide on Analyzing Search Intent and Writing Content that Ranks