There are various ways to measure SEO success; Google Analytics is one of the most popular tools. Another popular method is to use a keyword tool, such as Google AdWords Keyword Planner or Moz Keyword Explorer.
Both of these tools allow you to research keywords and get data on search volume, competition level, and more. This information can help determine which keyword phrases to target in your SEO strategy.
In this article, we’ll look closely at how to use keyword data to measure SEO success. We’ll also provide some tips on how to select the right keywords and how to track your SEO metrics and progress over time.
Keyword Research is the process of discovering and evaluating search phrases that people enter into search engines with the intention of utilizing that data for a particular purpose, typically for search engine optimization (SEO).
Here are some ways on how to measure SEO Success:
Evaluate keywords by taking a look at the following:
Steps in Using Keyword Tools to Track Rankings:
#1 Keyword Research
Before measuring such success, you need to know which keywords to target. Keyword research is only the first step and is the process of finding and selecting relevant keywords that you can rank for in search engines.
There are several different methods you can use to find and generate keyword ideas, including:
Think about the products or services you offer and the terms your potential customers might use to search for them.
Look at the same keywords your competitors are targeting to get ideas for your own campaigns.
Keyword research tools
Use keyword research tools like those mentioned above to find more keywords related to your business.
Once you’ve generated a list of potential keywords, it’s time to start narrowing things down. To do this, you’ll need to consider volume, competition level, and your own SEO goals.
- Search Volume – This is the number of times a keyword is searched for in a given month. The higher the volume, the more potential traffic for that keyword. Use ranking keywords.
- Competition Level – This indicates how difficult it will be to rank for a keyword. Keywords with high competition are typically much more challenging to rank for than those with low competition.
- Your Goals – Not all keywords are equally valuable. Some may be easier to rank for but have lower volume, while others may be more difficult to rank for but have higher volume. It’s essential to consider your own goals and objectives when choosing which keywords to target.
Once you’ve selected the right keywords, it’s time to measure your SEO performance and success.
#2 Tracking Your Rankings
One of the most common ways to measure your website’s SEO success is by tracking your search rankings in search engines. This involves monitoring your position for specific keywords over time to see if your SEO efforts are paying off.
There are a number of different tools you can use to track your rankings, including:
- Google Search Console – This is a free tool from Google that allows you to track your website’s performance in Google search results.
- Moz Rank Tracker – This is a paid tool from Moz that allows you to track your website’s keyword ranking on various search engines.
- SERPWatcher – This paid tool allows you to track your website’s keyword rankings on Google and Bing.
There are a number of other rank tracking tools available, as well. Whichever tool you choose, be sure to set up tracking for the keywords you’re targeting in your SEO campaign.
Steps in Using Keyword Tools to Track Rankings:
Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide on how to measure success using any keyword research tool:
1. Choose the right research tool.
As we mentioned above, several different tools can be used to track your rankings. Choose the one that best meets your needs and budget.
2. Set up tracking for your chosen keywords.
Once you’ve selected a research tool, you’ll need to set up tracking for the keywords you want to track. This usually involves entering the keywords into the tool and choosing which search engines to track them on.
3. Monitor your keyword rankings over time.
Most keyword research tools will show how your rankings change over time. Be sure to check in on your rankings regularly to see if your SEO efforts are paying off.
4. Make changes as needed.
If you’re unhappy with your rankings, it may be time to change your SEO strategy. Try different keywords, change up your content, or build more backlinks to see if you can improve your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed.
Once you’ve made some changes to your SEO campaign, continue monitoring your keyword rankings to see if they improve. If not, keep trying different things until you find what works best for your business.
Following these steps, you can use any keyword tool to track your SEO progress and measure your success over time.
#3 Additional: Tracking Your Traffic Levels
In addition to tracking your search engine rankings, another common way to measure success is by tracking your website traffic levels. This involves monitoring the organic traffic you get to your website from organic search results over time.
There are many different tools you can use to track your website traffic, including:
- Google Analytics – This free tool from Google allows you to track all sorts of data about your website’s traffic, including where it’s coming from and what people are doing on your site.
- Clicky – This paid tool allows you to track detailed information about your website’s traffic, including which keywords people use to find your site.
- Jetpack – This free WordPress plugin allows you to track your website’s traffic, including where it’s coming from and what people are doing on your site.
There are several other traffic tracking tools available, as well. Whichever tool you choose, set up tracking for your website so you can monitor your traffic levels over time.
Measure Your SEO Success Now
Now that you know how to measure SEO success, it’s time to start tracking your progress. Use the steps and tools we’ve outlined above to track your keyword rankings and traffic levels and see how your SEO efforts are paying off.
How To Combine SEO And Affiliate Marketing Strategies